Job Title: Head of Procurement - Technical
Reports To: Head of Supply Chain - Nigeria
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
Senior leadership and strategy ownership for Telecomm passive infrastructure and Integrated Site Maintenance Services; direct procurement of infrastructure components such as tower structures , Diesel Power Generator modules; Site Build civil construction and Tower installation services; and, Site Acquisition in support of Technical Field development Projects/Operations.
The ‘Head of Procurement - Technical’ will lead a Procurement team that will design, develop and oversee implementation of the company-wide strategy for: Technical Procurement
· Develop strategies in support of key projects and initiatives tailored to the category
· Develop contracting strategies
· Deliver effective Procurement solutions across the Business in line with the Group’s business targets and objectives;
· Deliver defined savings targets;
· Deliver defined value adding targets and measures;
· Actively manage supply risk and performance;
· Develop supply chain capability to meet future business needs; and, ultimately,
· Develop negotiation strategies for strategic sourcing events
· Develop plans to manage capacity and capability
· Develop demand profile and identify niche support
· Assess current and potential supply base
· Identify risk and support mitigation plans
· Ensure key performance indicators are in place to manage performance across BUs
· Communicate strategy, performance, risk and opportunities to stakeholders
· Communicate key presentations to senior leadership (directors)
· Execute category and contracting strategies, monitor and manage progress to plan
· Facilitate agreement with business partners and other stakeholders
Qualifications & Experience:
First Degree, Certified Purchaser (CIPS) preferred and Master’s Degree will be advantageous
Bachelor's degree and typically 15 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 12 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Advanced Problem Solving and numerate analytical skills.
· Excellent literacy skills.
· Strong IT skills (MS Office, ERP, Data Analysis).
· Strong influencing skills at senior levels to influence acceptance of new ways of working and building strategic awareness.
· Stakeholder relationships: building trust and fostering collaboration; excellent team management and interpersonal people skills are essential.
· Communicating effectively: strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strategic thinking complimented by excellent organisational and Project Management skills.
· Ability to negotiate commercial and contractual terms at the highest levels with suppliers.
Last Updated: 22.11.16